Friday, July 22, 2011

Starting over and over ...

You can always take a look at the code (although it might not work from time to time, due to ongoing development). You might also refer to the repository as my micro-blog.

Please write me a message on BitBucket or comment on one of my Blog Posts, if you want to get in contact with me.

My second week was a week of trying and re-trying. I made several attempts for a viable code design. It took much rewrites and we did a lot of experiments. There was a function-only design, a mixed design with classes and functions, one with no code outside the classes. And finally, metaclasses. I learned metaclasses in my second week of python. (In short: a class can have a class, therefore, be instance of that class.) Michael made a performance test for me, so that we can optimize the performance more efficiently.
I will explain the performance problem later, after I have explained the (planned) design of the whole citation-implementation.

During my second week, I wrote a lot of documentation (+ doctests). I knew, that it would not survive the following days, but I also knew, that I will have to be able to write documentation about my code at any time.
Actually, it was fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment